At the OSUCCC – James, our vision is to create a cancer-free world, one person, one discovery at a time. This underlies everything we do in working to eradicate cancer through research that translates to innovative and highly targeted patient care. Join our team today and help create a cancer-free world.
About the OSUCCC – James
The OSUCCC – James is the only cancer program in the United States that features a National Cancer Institute (NCI) – designated comprehensive cancer center aligned with a nationally ranked academic medical center and a freestanding cancer hospital on the campus of one of the nation’s largest public universities
Ohio State’s Comprehensive Cancer Center
- One of only four cancer centers in the nation funded by the NCI to conduct both phase I and phase II clinical trials on novel anticancer drugs
- Charter membership in the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of 21 leading cancer centers that establishes national clinical oncology practice guidelines and standards of cancer care
- A record of consistently recruiting the world’s leading cancer researchers, whose groundbreaking work has helped Ohio State’s NCI grant funding quadruple over the past decade
- A robust clinical trials program that involves the participation of nearly 1 in 3 patients diagnosed and treated at the OSUCCC – James
- The Total Cancer Care® Program, a medical information and biorepository research protocol that involves an innovative lifetime partnership with patients through universal consenting
- A set of 21 shared resources that provide investigators with ready access to specialized technologies, services, methodologies and consultations that enhance their ability to conduct cancer research
- A unique Drug Development Institute that was created to accelerate cancer drug discovery and development at Ohio State through collaboration and results-based project management to speed new cancer treatments to patients
- The support of Pelotonia, a grassroots cycling tour from which 100 percent of the proceeds go toward cancer research at the OSUCCC – James; Pelotonia has raised more than $61 million in its first five years; and, in 2013, more than 6,700 riders, 2,300 volunteers and 139,000 donors participated
The James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute
- Third largest cancer hospital in the nation
- 21 stories
- 306 inpatient beds, including a 36-bed blood and marrow transplant (BMT) unit
- 14 operating rooms
- 6 interventional radiology suites
- 7 linear accelerators for radiation therapy
- Dedicated early-phase Clinical Trials Unit
State-of-the-Art Healing Environment
- Inpatient floors that specialize in specific cancer subtypes to facilitate care by subspecialist multidisciplinary teams of physicians, nurses and pharmacists
- Translational research labs on each inpatient floor that bring physicians together with researchers to develop and deliver the most effective targeted treatments for patients
- A Cancer Clinical Trials Unit offering a comforting patient environment with a staff highly experienced in safely conducting innovative, early-phase trials
- A state-of-the-art, GMP Cellular Processing Laboratory for blood and marrow supporting the hospital’s 24-bed Blood and Marrow Transplant Unit
- Precision Cancer Medicine using advanced genomic technologies to identify both the molecular changes causing a patient’s cancer and the right drugs to treat it
- A fully integrated Cancer Emergency Department, opening March 2015, that will treat cancer-related medical emergencies; emergency medicine physicians and nurses will work with oncologists and oncology nurses to care for patients and ease their transition to further care at the James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute or at home
- An oncologic surgery suite with 14 operating rooms supported with the most advanced technology, including minimally invasive robotic surgery, to enable teams of surgeons to perform complex procedure
- Intra - operative radiation therapy and intra - operative MRI technologies that can be used for patients in the operating room for greater safety and efficiency
- A Radiation Oncology Department that is equipped with seven Varian TruBeam linear accelerators, as well as a brachytherapy unit, bringing the newest technologies for delivering radiation therapy
The Ohio State University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – Medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs and more
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Contribute through payroll deduction on a pre-tax basis for health care and/or dependent care.
- Retirement – While employed at Ohio State, your retirement contributions must be invested with one of the state retirement plans.
- Life Insurance – A variety of options are available to protect faculty and staff and their dependents.
- Education – Tuition assistance for eligible faculty and staff and their dependents
- Disability – Integrated Absence Management and Vocational Services, long-term disability, short-term disability, workers' compensation, and more
Join our Team
Apply today by clicking here.