Come See The New James
Please join us for a community open house in celebration of the opening of the new James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute from 1-4 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 9, at 460 W. 10th Ave.
Guests will have the opportunity to participate in a self-guided tour highlighting areas of the new James that showcase the integration of patient care, research and education that will facilitate Ohio State’s pursuit of a cancer-free world. Be one of the first to discover why this is the world’s most advanced cancer hospital.
Free parking will be available in the Polo Lot at the corner of Cannon Drive and 10th Avenue.
Community Open House
Sunday, November 9
1 – 4 p.m.
460 W. 10th Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43210
Free admission and parking
At OSUCCC - James, we’re committed to creating a cancer-free world. In December 2014, we are opening the doors of the new James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute, a transformational facility that fosters collaboration and integration of research and clinical cancer care. This 21-level hospital will help revolutionize the way cancer prevention and care are provided in this nation, with world-class oncologists and cancer researchers working side-by-side to unlock the mysteries of why we get cancer and, using those discoveries, move from treating cancer to preventing it from ever occurring.
The patients served by the new hospital will find themselves at the intersection of research, education and customized care. Research and education spaces will be located on every floor, enhancing our bench-to-beside approach to patient care and giving patients early access to new treatments and tools.
Innovative Design that Provides a State-of-the-Art, Healing Environment
- Third largest cancer hospital in the nation
- 21 stories
- 1.1 million square feet
- 306 inpatient bed, including 36-bed BMT unit
- 14 operating rooms
- 6 interventional radiology suites
- 7 linear accelerators for radiation therapy
- Dedicated early-phase clinical trials unit
- Opens December 2014
- Inpatient floors that specialize in specific cancer subtypes to facilitate care by subspecialist multidisciplinary teams of physicians, nurses and pharmacists.
- Translational research labs on each inpatient floor that bring physicians together with researchers to develop and deliver the most effective targeted treatments for patients.
- A Cancer Clinical Trials Unit offers a comforting patient environment with a staff highly experienced in safely conducting innovative, early-phase trials.
- A State-Of-The-Art, GMP Cellular Processing Laboratory for blood and marrow supports the hospital’s 24-bed Blood and Marrow Transplant Unit.
- Precision Cancer Medicine using advanced genomic technologies to identify both the molecular changes causing a patient’s cancer and the right drugs to treat it.
- A Fully Integrated Cancer Emergency Department, opening March 2015, that will treat cancer-related medical emergencies. Emergency medicine physicians and nurses will work with oncologists and oncology nurses to care for patients and ease their transition to further care at The James or at home.
- The Oncologic Surgery Suite has 14 operating rooms supported with the most advanced technology, including minimally invasive robotic surgery, to enable teams of surgeons to perform complex procedures.
- Intra-Operative Radiation Therapy and Intra-Operative MRI technologies
that can be used for patients in the operating room for greater safety and efficiency.
- The Radiation Oncology Department that is equipped with seven Varian TruBeam linear accelerators, as well as a brachytherapy unit, bringing the newest technologies for delivering radiation therapy.
To get a sneak peak at the New James, check out the videos below.