This Notice applies to organizations that form an Organized Healthcare Arrangement and includes:
- Ohio State University Hospital
- Ohio State's James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute
- Ohio State's Harding Hospital
- Ohio State University Hospital East
- Ohio State University Physicians, Inc. (Physicians' Offices)
An Organized Healthcare Arrangement is a relationship recognized in the HIPAA privacy rules. This type of arrangement allows two or more Covered Entities who participate in joint activities to share protected health information about their patients to manage their joint operations. Each organization is individually responsible for its own activities, including compliance with privacy laws and all health care services it provides.
To learn more about the ways in which we may use and disclose your health information, your rights and our obligations regarding the use and disclosure of health information under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), please reference our Joint Notice of Privacy Practices document using the links below: