To schedule a consult appointment, please call the BMT patient coordinator’s office at (614) 293-3153 or toll-free (866) 880-4698. The office fax number is (614) 293-6868. Learn more about diseases treated and clinical trials at The James.
The office is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. A message can be left after hours.
The coordinator will need the following information to schedule an appointment to see a transplant physician:
• Phone, including cell phone or work numbers
• Date of birth
• Insurance information
• Referring physician (current hematologist/oncologist)
Once an appointment has been scheduled, the coordinator will mail a letter confirming the appointment, registration instructions, and driving and parking instructions.
The coordinator will arrange to obtain the following medical information:
• Physician notes (including discharge summaries & history and physicals)
• Treatment records
• All pathology slides and reports (including cytogenetic reports)
• Radiology, MRI and CT scan reports
• Radiation therapy reports
• Pertinent laboratory reports
The following will occur at the initial consultation:
• Meet the financial counselor to review insurance information/benefits
• Meet the BMT patient coordinator
• See the BMT transplant physician to discuss BMT and treatment options