The Right Environment Makes A Difference
Here are a few items to consider when selecting a hospital:
- Does the hospital provide services particular to your needs?
- What kind of educational programs are available?
- Does the hospital provide care in a broad range of services from routine to high risk?
- Is it accredited by JCAHO (Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations-a private non-profit organization that evaluates more than 4,500 hospitals nationwide)?
- Has the hospital been consistently recognized for medical leadership?
- Is the hospital associated with a teaching program/college of medicine that can offer you the latest in care and technology?
- Does the hospital measure patient satisfaction, e.g., through written or telephone surveys?
- Does it have patient representatives to help with patient concerns?
- Does it offer a written statement of patient rights?
- Is a written discharge plan provided with home care follow-up information?
- Does the hospital have social workers on staff who can facilitate your discharge?
- Is financial aid provided, if needed?
Make sure you choose a plan that includes The Ohio State University Medical Center. As the only academic medical center in central Ohio, we're in the same league as Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, Duke University Medical Center, and UCLA Medical Center. We're at the forefront of tomorrow's medicine. And that means better healthcare today for you and your family.