The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center – James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute (OSUCCC - James) – is a world-class healthcare enterprise focused on improving the lives of cancer patients. This means the care we provide to you is enhanced by the research we do and the healthcare professionals we teach. We offer a level of care not available anywhere else locally and want you and your family to be confident in your decision to seek care with us. Your safety is our priority.
Please, be a partner in your care and take a few minutes to watch this short video that will touch on key safety points and further prepare you for your stay with us and what you can expect.
Before your visit, you may want to gather this information and these items:
- Your insurance card and identification including your social security number
- Previous tests and radiology reports, if you have them
- Names, addresses, phone numbers of other doctors who are treating you or referred you
- Personal health information including dates when events occurred and any allergies you may have to medications
- Family health history information listing significant conditions that affected family members directly related to you
- A list of medications including the name, dosage and how often you take these medicines (or bring along empty bottles with the labels still intact)
- A list of questions or concerns you may want to discuss with the doctor or nurse and paper and pen for recording new information
- Please keep in mind, not to wear rings or jewelry if you will be an inpatient. This is especially true if surgery is required.
- A copy of your advance directives if you will be an inpatient.
Specific instructions and information about what to bring will be sent to those planning an in-hospital stay. OSU doctors and staff are educators who teach others about health and medical procedures. We are happy to talk with you so that you can fully understand your condition and be an active participant in your journey to better health.
For assistance locating a service or physician, call 614-293-5123 or toll-free (800) 293-5123.