Required Training and 3rd Party Shipping
Download copy of Shipping Requirements and UPS 3rd Party Shipments
- Required Training for HazMat Shipping:
- If you ever have questions or are unsure of anything during the process, contact Shipping & Receiving at 292-6967
- Repercussions for failing to comply to standards including civil penalties to the University and the individual on the shipping papers.
UPS 3rd Party Shipping
- 3rd Party Shipping: The ICVS system allows you to print UPS labels and send them to a 3rd Party to have OSU pay for the shipping charges on items received.
- If you are receiving Hazardous Materials (shipped on dry ice), understand if the company doesn’t label the package correctly the person on the shipping label (OSU) is liable
- Best option: Ask Shipper to cover freight charges and invoice Ohio State.
- The other party should create their own label!
- Contact Teri Hall or Steve Edwards to determine best solution to cover shipping if this is not an option
*Only should be concerned when created labels to receive Hazardous packages