||Leona W. Ayers|
- Emeritus Professor, Department of Pathology and School of Allied Medical Professions, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University.
- Graduate School Advisor, Category P,
The Ohio State University
- Member, The Ohio State University Translational Therapeutics Program, 1998 - current.
- Associate Attending Staff, Pathology, Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, Ohio.
- Attending Staff, Pathology, Wexner Medical Center, The Ohio State University Columbus, Ohio.
- Member, CHTN Coordinating Committee (CHTN/NCI/NIH), 2010-current
- Chair, CHTN Strategic Planning Committee (CHTN,NCI/NIH), 2015
Dr. Ayers’ research focuses on these areas:
Biospecimen and Biorepositories
Principle Investigator of the Cooperative Human Tissue Network (CHTN).HIV/AIDS-Related Lymphoma
Principle Investigator of the AIDS and Cancer Specimen Resource (ACSR), 1995-2014 and Sub-Saharan Africa Lymphoma Consortium (SSALC/ACSR) 2007-2014. Participant in NCI clinical trial: Epidemiology of Burkitt Lymphoma in East Africa Children or Minors (EMBLEM
Merkel Cell Carcinoma
Participant in an NCI Sponsored international consortium (CAMPiT) characterization into sub-classifications of Merkel cell carcinoma.