The mission of the CSRC is to evaluate the scientific validity of all proposed OSUCCC clinical trials and monitoring the scientific progress and accrual status of open trials.
The specific aims of the CSRC are:
- to establish and maintain a review committee of sufficient size and breadth of expertise to conduct a critical and fair scientific review of institutional cancer-related research protocols involving human subjects;
- to conduct a thorough scientific review of all non-peer-reviewed, cancer-related clinical protocols conducted at the OSUCCC based on specific, pre-determined review criteria;
- to oversee the prioritization of competing protocols thus ensuring optimal use of the cancer center's clinical resources for the achievement of its scientific goals;
- to establish clear criteria for determining whether ongoing clinical trials are making sufficient scientific progress, including the attainment of adequate patient accrual rates; and
- to monitor all cancer-related research protocols based on the criteria established by the CSRC and to terminate protocols that do not meet these expectations.