The Clinical Treatment Unit and the Clinical Trials Processing Laboratory Shared Resources (CTU/CTPLSR) enable investigators at the OSUCCC–James to conduct successful phase I and phase II clinical translational research in a methodologically sound, expedient and cost-effective manner.
The CTU/CTPLSR offers access to the following instrumentation and equipment:
- Six freezers, three at -20°C and three at -70°C
- Three refrigerators
- Four centrifuges, three refrigerated, one non-refrigerated
- Biological safety cabinet
- Labeling program and thermal printer
- Dry ice for transport or shipping
- Water baths
- Rees Centron Environmental Monitoring System for 24/7 monitoring of all CTU/CTPLSR freezers and refrigerators across all locations. The system provides a fully validated, centralized alarm notification and data collection system to monitor equipment and protect translational research specimens.