The Proteomics Shared Resource (PSR) provides OSUCCC members with complete proteomic support using state-of-the-art electrophoresis and imaging equipment, robotic sample handlers and mass spectrometers. The PSR offers extensive expertise in identifying proteins from protein complexes utilizing leading mass spectrometer instrumentation and supporting equipment for a wide range of proteomic analysis, proteins identification and post-translational modifications identification.
The PSR’s instruments include:
Bruker ultrafleXtreme MALDI-TOF/TOF MS with Proteineer fc II for LC-MALDI and ImagePrep for Tissue imaging sample preparation
– 2 KHz speed TOF and smartbean-II laser for ultra-high data acquisition in both MS and MS/MS mode. Workflows include tissue imaging, intact protein, LC-MALDI and auto MS/MS.
Bruker maXis Electrospray Ionization Quadrupole Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer
for Ultra-High- Resolution Exact Mass and True Isotopic Measurements in both, MS and MS/MS mode with a Dionex U3000 RSLC system.
Bruker amaZon ETD
Ultra performance, high sensitive proteomics ion trap with dual funnel ion guide and advanced ETD / PTR capabilities (Electron Transfer Dissociation and Proton Transfer Reaction) with a Dionex U3000 RSLC system.
Thermo LTQ Orbitrap XL
for ultra-high resolution LC-MS complete with Dionex comprehensive cap-LC system, for advanced proteomics including bottom-up proteomics, post-translational modifications, relative quantitation, targeted quantitation and intact protein characterization. Thermo Linear Quadrupole (LTQ) Ion Trap MSn instrument
- for tandem mass spectrometric analysis with many stages of CID MS analysis of liquid samples introduced by a Dionex U3000 Nano-LC or infusion for high throughput proteomics.
Ettan Proteomic Workstation and Typhoon Imager
for automated high-throughput sample handling and 1D and 2D SDS-PAGE analysis and differential image electrophoresis (DIGE).
Micromass QTOF II mass spectrometer
- with electrospray, nanospray, APCI and APPI for accurate mass MS and MSMS analysis of liquid samples introduced by infusion or liquid chromatography from a Dionex U3000, LC.
GE Pharmacia AKTA FPLC Purifier 10
for rapid purification of proteins at low to medium pressures with high performance purification and characterization. AKTA is a high end liquid chromatography system designed for fast and reliable separations of peptides and nucleic acids from g to mg scale at flow rates 0.001 ml/min to 10 ml/min and pressures up to 25 MPa.
Agilent 3100 OFFGEL Fractionator
for pI based fractionation of proteins and peptides with liquid phase recovery.
Matrix Science Mascot Server
– a powerful search engine for mass spectrometry data to identify proteins and peptide modifications
Proteome Software Scaffold 3.0
– to visualize complex proteomic data and to calculate spectral counting for label free experiments.
Bruker Protein Scape
– a bioinformatics platform to process and organize a related data for a large proteomic project. Integrates LC-data, gel data, mass spectrometry data, search results and quantification results.