Current James Nursing Research Proposal
- The main purpose of the Method Section is replication. This section should provide enough detail so that other scientists could carry out a similar study.
- Often, this section provides data on which to judge validity and reliability of the study.
- Quantitative or Qualitative
- Randomized Clinical Trial
- Intervention Studies
- How were the groups determined
- Where the study was preformed
- What type of participants were sampled
- Inclusion Criteria
- Exclusion Criteria
- Informed Consent
- How were the participants invited to participate
- Convenient Sample
- Breast cancer patients, aged 50 and over, English Speaking and who have never undergone chemptherapy
Measurements or Instruments
- Illustrate each of the instruments used in the study.
- Describe scoring of each instrument
- Describe the validity and reliability of each instrument.
Data Collection Procedures
- How the participants were recruited.
- Where did the data collection taken place (exam room)
- What period of time is required for the data collection per participant
- How often are the participants sampled
- Support the data points. Why is data collection required at the beginning of chemo, at middle and end.
- Statistical Procedures.
- Cogent with research questions stated in the beginning of the paper.
- Fridlund, B. (2006). Writing a Scientific Manuscript: Some Formal and Informal Proposals. European Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, 5, 185-187.
© The Ohio State University