Joan’s Fund is eager to have others in the community participate in their own way.
Many companies, large and small, take pride in supporting the charitable efforts of their employees by matching their contributions or recognizing them with a donation to the honoree's designated charity.
Start a "kitty" in your dinner club, card or birthday group, book club,sports group. etc., so you can all attend next year’s Event...and bid on some great items, too.
Honor a special occasion with donations designated for Joan’s Fund. Instead of some of those elaborately wrapped gifts you might like give or receive something in a plain white envelope addressed to Joan's Fund.
Have a special fund-raising lunch or dinner for a few friends, or a pizza party that families could enjoy.
Have a garage sale; clear the clutter and help a cause.
Organize a "thon" - bowl, swim, bike, walk, shoot hoops, turn cartwheels, etc., etc.
How To Raise $1,000 for Joan’s Fund
- Sponsor yourself for $25 ($25)
- Send out at least 30 letters to friends and family and ask for a minimum donation of $26 ($780)
- Ask four co-workers to sponsor you at minimum level of $20 ($80)
- Ask your boss for a company contribution of $25. ($25)
- Ask two businesses that you patronize (insurance agents, accountants, etc.) for a donation of $45 each ($90)
GRAND TOTAL: $1,000
Note: Check with your company's human resource department to see if they offer matching gifts. You may be able to automatically double your donation.
For more information on the Community Partners Program at The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center - James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute, please contact Kim Collins in The Ohio State University Medical Center Development Office at 614-293-3744 or by e-mail at Kim.Collins@osumc.edu