Caregiver Champion (3 will be awarded)
The Caregiver Champion award honors any person who has
gone above and beyond in helping a patient during his or her cancer
journey. This includes medical staff, family members, friends,
co-workers and others who consistently put families first, demonstrate
acts of kindness and dedication to a cancer patient and elevate a
patient’s battle with cancer above all other personal needs.
Nominations should thoroughly reflect the following:
- How has your Champion helped, comforted, uplifted and supported you during your battle with cancer?
- How has your Champion made a lasting impression in your life?
- How has your Champion made sacrifices in his or her life in an effort to help you?
A nationwide selection committee chooses Stefanie’s Champions award
recipients. The committee looks for specific examples or stories that
illustrate why the Champion is deserving of this award. When nominating a
Caregiver Champion, please keep in mind the following criteria and
- Each Caregiver Champion award recipient should exemplify the qualities and values that the Spielman family holds important:
- putting families first;
- demonstrating acts of kindness and dedication to a cancer patient; and
- elevating a patient’s battle with cancer above all other personal needs.
- The nominator must be a living cancer survivor. If a survivor is under age 18, a parent or guardian can help nominate someone on his or her behalf.
- All information must be complete and accurate, including daytime phone numbers.
- A resume, vitae or job description will not be accepted as part of a nomination.
The nationwide nomination selection committee’s decisions are final.
Winners will be notified by phone after February 1, 2014. Those chosen
as Stefanie’s Champions will be honored at the 15th annual awards
luncheon on Wednesday, April 9, 2014, in the Archie M. Griffin Grand
Ballroom at The Ohio State University’s Ohio Union.
You can nominate your Champion
online. Once the online form is submitted, you’re encouraged to then submit
pictures, articles, cards and personal anecdotes to support your
nomination. You can email these materials to Fundraising.Events@osumc.edu or mail to the address below. Be sure to indicate the
name of the nominee and/or your name with your materials. We are sorry
that originals cannot be returned.
OSUCCC – James
Office of Development
P.O. Box 183112