The James at CarePoint East
The James at CarePoint East offers a lung cancer screening providing at-risk individuals with a “one-stop shop” screening program, which is staffed by our team of lung cancer specialists whose sole focus is on the prevention, detection and treatment of lung cancer.
Services for The James at CarePoint East
Lung cancer is the #1 cancer killer of both men and women in the United States; more than breast, ovarian, colon, kidney, melanoma, prostate and testicular cancer deaths combined. Screening has been proven to reduce lung cancer deaths by 20%.
The OSUCCC – James Lung Cancer Screening Program:
• Is comprised of OSUCCC – James physicians and researchers who are conducting research to develop blood tests to identify lung cancer at earlier stages, as well as many other lung cancer specific research initiatives
• Provides real-time reading of the low-dose CT scan by a radiologist who is an expert in lung cancer
• Offers a same-day smoking cessation appointment with an OSUCCC – James expert, if recommended
• The James offers same-day consultations with an OSUCCC – James expert and same-day results, giving you the fastest access to the care you need
Patients must meet these qualifiers in order to be eligible for screening. For questions, call The James Line at 800-293-5066.
• 55-77 years old
• Current smoker with history of smoking 2 packs/day for 15 years or one pack/day for 30 years
• Ex-smoker who has quit within the past 15 years
• One low-dose CT scan each year (billed to insurance)
• Same-day consultation with our lung cancer experts
• Real-time results