There is no such thing as a routine breast cancer.
At the OSUCCC – James, our breast cancer specialists and subspecialists are internationally renowned cancer experts who focus on breast cancer – and only breast cancer – and who reach across medical disciplines (medical, surgical and radiation oncologists, radiologists, pharmacists, reconstructive surgeons, pathologists and more) to design the very best treatment plan and therapies to target each patient’s specific breast cancer.
That means patients get a full continuum of world-class care from many of the world’s leading breast cancer authorities, all in one world-class facility – the Stefanie Spielman Comprehensive Breast Center in Columbus, Ohio. That continuum also includes meeting with numerous specialists across all breast cancer disciplines, all on the same day, all in one location, with all of your questions answered at one time.
From there, these experts work with you to create a comprehensive, individualized treatment plan that is designed solely for you, taking into account your specific kind of breast cancer as well as your unique biological makeup, genetics and individual medical history.
The OSUCCC – James also offers access to the nation’s most advanced, sophisticated breast cancer clinical trials. In fact, as a National Cancer Institute (NCI)–designated comprehensive cancer center, the OSUCCC — James offers patients access to novel therapies that may not be available anywhere else in the United States. That means that when additional treatment options are needed, patients can find that unparalleled level of expertise and access right here at The James.
To view James/10TV Toward a Cancer-Free World segments on advances in breast cancer research, prevention, detection, treatment and cures available at The James, or to view TV segments on how we are moving Toward a Cancer-Free World, visit cancer.osu.edu/blog.
If you’ve been diagnosed with breast cancer or would like a second opinion, to speak with a breast cancer specialist or to schedule a mammogram, please call The James Line at 800-293-5066 or 614-293-5066 to make an appointment.
At a Glance
- Appointments, treatments and internationally acclaimed specialty breast cancer care all conveniently found within one world-class facility
- Personalized, comprehensive treatment plans designed for each individual patient
- Mammography certifications
- Certified by the American College of Surgeons
- State-of-the-art, leading-edge breast cancer radiation therapy developed at the OSUCCC – James and now used nationwide as gold-medal standard of care
- Dense breast tissue specialization and unparalleled expertise with patients who have dense breast tissue
- Home to Central Ohio’s only multi-disciplinary High-Risk Breast Cancer Program (with certified genetic counselors). These experts uniquely identify patients at high risk for breast cancer, prior to diagnosis, then provide personalized prevention strategies for each patient.
- Access to the nation’s most advanced, sophisticated breast cancer clinical trials, and as an NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center, the OSUCCC — James offers patients access to novel therapies that may not be available elsewhere in the nation