The OSUCCC – James is a leader in offering some of the world’s most successful palliative care treatments for cancer patients.
No cancer is routine, and the OSUCCC – James specialists offer palliative care through either in-patient or outpatient services based on your individual needs:
- An OSUCCC – James palliative care physician is on call 24 hours/7 days a week.
- Inpatient Consult Services are available to patients M-F from 7:30a.m. - 5 p.m.
- An oncology certified psychologist is available for consultation upon request.
- A chaplain is available for consultation upon request.
- The palliative care team is available to work with patients and families at family meetings so that they can identify personal cancer care goals.
Palliative Care Center
Outpatient palliative care services are available for OSUCCC – James patients five days a week at the palliative care clinic in Stoneridge. This setting offers a multi-disciplinary team providing whole-person body, mind and spirit support.
Team members available at the third floor of the Martha Morehouse Medical Plaza include:
- Physicians board certified in palliative care
- Advance practice nurses certified in palliative care
- Registered Nurses
- Social Workers
- Psycho-Oncologists (Psychologists with advanced cancer care training)
This team, in addition to providing expert physical care, also supports respects and reinforces the patient’s holistic needs. It does this by providing helpful, expert information and counseling services.
The team can also provide guidance on treatment choices, survivorship care and connect patients to resources both at the OSUCCC – James and in the community. When appropriate, palliative care team members can assist with discussions surrounding alternative patient care settings, such as long term care, home care or hospice care.
If you are an OSUCCC – James patient and would like to receive palliative care in our palliative care center or would like to speak with a palliative care specialist, please talk to a member of your OSUCCC – James treatment team and ask about a referral.