Digital Pathology Consultation Services Offer Expert Second-Opinion Diagnostics
As a leader in diagnostic pathology, the Department of Pathology at The Ohio State University College of Medicine is one of the first groups of specialists to offer diagnostic consultations online.
The Ohio State Digital Pathology Consultation Portal uses whole slide imaging (WSI) technology and accepts various forms of digital images and files, including glass slides and images from most digital cameras. Rather than taking the time to send samples such as glass slides and paraffin blocks, physicians can send digital images through our consultation portal to our subspecialty experts, who are well-equipped to receive, review and offer a diagnosis online—saving time for physicians and their patients.
Benefits of using the online portal:
- Access to experts: Your submission will be handled by a team of anatomic pathologists who are physicians at The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Ohio State Wexner Medical Center and/or James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute.
- Efficient diagnosis: You will have a response within 72 hours of receipt of images, including a comprehensive surgical pathology report.
- Security: Reports are generated dynamically so no patient data is stored on the Web server.
- Technologically flexible: WSI formats that we support include .isyntax and static images (*.jpg, *.tif, *.gif, *.pdf and more).
- Economical: Inexpensive cost structure setup based on images and other rates and fees can be established for high-volume partners.