At the OSUCCC – James, cancer research experts focus on studying pancreatic cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure. Because pancreatic cancer is one of the top ten cancers diagnosed in the country, the OSUCCC – James consistently paves the way in learning more about what causes pancreatic cancer — leading to even more highly targeted prevention, care and treatment.
Pancreatic Cancer Screening
There are currently no screening tests recommended to detect pancreatic cancer with the exception of minimizing your cancer risk factors, which include, but are not limited to:
- Being very overweight
- Having a personal history of diabetes or chronic pancreatitis
- Having a family history of pancreatic cancer or pancreatitis
Having certain hereditary conditions, such as:
- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN1) syndrome
- Hereditary nonpolyposis colon cancer (HNPCC; Lynch syndrome)
- von Hippel-Lindau syndrome
- Peutz-Jeghers syndrome
- Hereditary breast and ovarian cancer syndrome
- Familial atypical multiple mole melanoma (FAMMM) syndrome
(Source: National Cancer Institute)
If you have received a pancreatic cancer diagnosis, or if you want a second opinion or just want to speak to a pancreatic cancer specialist, we are here to help you. Call 800-293-5066 or 614-293-5066 to make an appointment.