Our shared vision at the OSUCCC – James is to create a cancer-free world, one person and one discovery at a time. Without our nurses this would be impossible, but thanks in large part to their unwavering dedication, exemplary skills and expertise, we come closer to realizing our visions every day.
Our nurses are on the front line of direct patient care, and they also play a great role serving as researchers, educators and advocates for our cause. Some of them present their research findings at national nursing oncology meetings. All of them help us accrue patients to clinical trials that lead to innovative cancer treatments. And because of their close association with patients and families, our nurses also are invaluable resources for educating people about cancer care, prevention strategies and survivorship issues.
In addition, as a model of excellence in patient care, the OSUCCC – James achieved Magnet® designation as part of the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®. This voluntary hospital recognition program is considered the highest honor an organization can receive for quality patient care and professional nursing practice.
Read about some recent highlights in the 2018 James Nursing Annual Report.
The OSUCCC – James Nursing Vision
To be world-class leaders in oncology nursing through excellence in patient care, education, evidence-based practice and nursing research.
The OSUCCC – James Nursing Mission
To provide personalized, compassionate, relationship-based care to our patients and their families across the continuum of care.
The OSUCCC – James Nursing Philosophy
As James Nurses, we believe that
Patients and families are at the center of our nursing care and we
- Partner with them to develop their individualized, holistic plan of care;
- Provide support and guidance along the continuum of cancer prevention, treatment, and survivorship;
- Share information and knowledge, while encouraging them to embrace hope for the future.
Professional relationships and healthy teamwork improve outcomes because they
- Ensure safety, quality and service across the continuum of care;
- Enhance trust, dignity, mutual respect and collaborative communication;
- Incorporate innovative and evidence-based nursing care.
Care of self meets the needs of patients and families because it enables us to
- Create and preserve healthy personal boundaries;
- Reconnect each day with our purpose and passion;
- Maintain balance in the four quadrants of life – work, family, friends/colleagues and self.
The communities we serve are enriched because we
- Share knowledge and expertise of oncology nursing through professional and global networks;
- Embrace a commitment to life-long learning, which supports growth and succession planning across the career life-cycle;
- Give of our time, talents and resources locally, regionally and nationally.
The OSUCCC – James Nursing Values
Our OSUCCC – James nursing WE CARE values encompass all that we do.
World Class: We are committed to being world-class cancer nursing leaders.
Empowered: We recognize the need to empower our patients, their families, our communities and ourselves with knowledge.
Compassionate: We are compassionate and caring toward our patients, their families, our peers, our communities and ourselves.
Accountable: We are accountable to our patients, their families, our peers, our communities and ourselves.
Respectful: We value diversity and respect the dignity of all people.
Expert: We strive for excellence and expertise in all that we do.
If you would like more information about oncology nursing, or if you just want to speak to an oncology nursing specialist, call 800-293-5066 or 614-293-5066. Visit careers to get information on joining the OSUCCC – James nursing team.