The community of nursing embraces a commitment to lifelong learning to support growth and succession planning across the career life cycle of our staff. Rich resources exist to ensure that nurses stay informed about scientific advances, integrate evidence-based practice, incorporate emerging technologies and maintain specialized competencies. Staff members are nominated for awards to recognize clinical expertise, service and leadership. Ultimately, James nurses often say the greatest rewards are intrinsic and very personal – knowing that we make a difference for others and living each day with purpose and passion.
Clinical Ladder Program at the OSUCCC – James
The purpose of OSUCCC – James Clinical Ladder Program is to promote professional nursing practice by recognizing and rewarding those experienced registered nurses who excel in clinical practice, education and research.
- Promote excellence in clinical practice, education and research
- Enhance job satisfaction and promote retention and recruitment of professional nurses
- Provide a role development tool and mentorship process for professional nursing
- Promote an oncology nursing, evidence-based practice environment
James Excellence Awards
The OSUCCC – James believes that individuals providing and supporting outstanding patient care and service should be encouraged, recognized and applauded. The prestigious Excellence Awards acknowledge overall excellence and achievement of quality patient care and service through the Clinical Excellence Award, Excellence in Service Award, Excellence in Leadership Award, Preceptor Excellence Award and the Physician “Champion of Nursing” Award. Recipients of these awards are recognized at the annual Excellence Awards Ceremony held in May.
Earning a specialty certification validates a nurse’s specialty knowledge for practice in a defined functional or clinical area of nursing. It benefits our patients and their families by demonstrating that OSUCCC – James nurses have the experience, knowledge and skills in complex specialties. More than 64 percent of all OSUCCC – James nurses have obtained a professional nursing certification.
OSUCCC – James Nurses Share Their Expertise at National and International Conferences
The OSUCCC – James encourages all staff to share their knowledge and expertise to help influence patient care around the globe. James nurses regularly publish in professional, peer-reviewed journals and present at prominent national conferences. Some of the recent conferences where James nurses made presentations are listed here:
- American Nurses Credentialing Center Magnet® Conference
- American Nursing Informatics Conference
- Emergency Nurses Association Annual Conference
- National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists Annual Conference
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network Annual Conference
- Oncology Nursing Society Congress
- International Relationship-Based Care Symposium