The OSUCCC – James development office and marketing department must approve all Community Partner activities involving the OSUCCC – James, its funds and any corporation/organization or donor.
The OSUCCC – James reserves the right to deny any request for a special event/fundraising initiative that does not appropriately reflect the mission and values or a positive image of the OSUCCC – James.
Community Partner initiatives may not be approved if:
- The event/initiative also benefits other organizations that compete or conflict with our missions and values.
- The event/initiative would potentially conflict with existing OSUCCC – James philanthropic relationships.
- The event/initiative would conflict with a marketing or public relations campaign.
- Entering into a relationship constitutes a real or perceived conflict of interest for the OSUCCC – James (for example, events/initiatives involving telemarketing or door-to-door solicitation).
- The event/initiative asks for the use of names and/or stories of the OSUCCC – James patients for use in promotion.
- The events/initiatives fail to comply with any municipal, county, state and/or federal law.
- The events/initiatives involve promotion of a political party or candidate or appear to endorse a political issue.
- The event/initiative would require any source of funding from the OSUCCC – James.
Exceptions to the foregoing may be granted on a case-by-case basis under consideration of extraordinary circumstances. The OSUCCC – James reserves the right to terminate any Community Partners relationship at any time.
Other Beneficiaries and Partners
The OSUCCC – James must be notified in advance if another organization will also benefit from this event/initiative, or if any other organization will participate in the fundraising activity.
The OSUCCC – James is not able to provide its foundation tax ID number to any Community Partners planning events/initiatives to benefit the OSUCCC – James. In addition, please do not represent to the public that your event/initiative benefits from any tax-exempt rights or privileges as a result of your relationship with the OSUCCC – James. However, the OSUCCC – James can provide you with a letter of intent, confirming to any potential sponsors or donors that we are aware of your event/initiative and that the proceeds will be supporting the OSUCCC – James.
If a product is being sold or distributed for the benefit of the OSUCCC – James or its funds, a sample of the product is required for approval by the development office and marketing department. If using an Ohio State logo or trademarked identity, these items must have approval from Ohio State’s Office of Trademark and Licensing before production. Please submit the product at least four weeks prior to production for approval. Please note that not all philanthropic initiatives will be approved to use Ohio State trademarks. For more information, contact Ohio State’s Office of Trademark and Licensing at 614-292-1562.
If a service is being marketed to consumers and a donation is made to the OSUCCC – James as a result, approval from the OSUCCC – James development office and marketing department must be obtained at least four weeks prior to promotion of the initiative.
The arrangements made between the OSUCCC – James and you or your organization create no exclusive rights with this event/initiative because the OSUCCC – James may be the recipient of funds from its participation in other similar events/initiatives.
The OSUCCC – James cannot be involved in any manner with permits that include the use of our name and like permits for serving alcohol at your event.
The OSUCCC – James is not liable for any injuries sustained by event coordinators, volunteers or participants related to an event/initiative benefiting the OSUCCC – James, and cannot assume liability for your event. Obtaining proper liability coverage is the responsibility of the Community Partner.
Marketing and Promotion
The Community Partner is responsible for the marketing and promoting of the event/initiative including media, press releases, posters, fliers and advertising.
All materials and publicity must be approved by the OSUCCC – James marketing department prior to printing or production. This includes any commercial scripts/art, press releases, posters, fliers, web pages, and postings and advertising.
If the Community Partner is implementing a marketing and publicity plan around an event or initiative, a plan outlining how all the OSUCCC – James branding, logos and marks will be used must be submitted four weeks in advance.
Publicity may not suggest that the event/initiative is being sponsored, co-sponsored or produced by the OSUCCC – James, but must clearly state that the OSUCCC – James is the beneficiary. The corporation/organization must clearly disclose in all promotional materials that proceeds from the promotion will benefit the OSUCCC – James, as stipulated by the development and marketing offices. Per Ohio law, all promotional materials should disclose the exact amount benefiting the OSUCCC – James. This is also done to help ensure all references to the OSUCCC – James are in compliance with our branding standards, as well as meeting regulatory guidelines, thus providing a transparent view of the relationship to the public.
Logo use is not permitted without approval from the OSUCCC – James marketing department. In order to use logos, photos or marks of the OSUCCC – James or its related funds, we require:
- A minimum donation of $10,000 regardless of sales. Special considerations for the OSUCCC – James or fund logo use may be made for higher-profile relationships or relationships that utilize $10,000 or more in promotion of the event, products or services.
- All use of OSUCCC – James logos, photos, names and marks must be approved prior to use through the marketing department. This use will only be approved for use by a third party for a specific amount of time and for a specific purpose, unless otherwise agreed. We will provide the proper line listing for use in any promotions for cause-related marketing donations under the $10,000 threshold.
The OSUCCC – James cannot endorse any product and/or service, and may require a corporation/organization to include language stating this in any promotion.
Access to Employees & Patients
To maintain patient, donor and employee confidentiality, the OSUCCC – James cannot provide any internal mailing/donor lists to a third-party corporation/organization and is unable to mail information on behalf of the event/initiative.
Event/Initiative Promotion Within The Ohio State University
The OSUCCC – James can often assist in promoting your event/initiative through selected internal communications opportunities to OSUCCC – James faculty and staff, depending on your Level of Support. However, placement cannot be guaranteed. If you would like your event/initiative information submitted to these publications, a press release or an event fact sheet is required four weeks prior to your event/initiative.
References to the OSUCCC – James
When referencing the OSUCCC – James, please follow the naming reference guidelines below.
- First Reference: The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center – Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute (OSUCCC – James)
- Second Reference: Ohio State’s Comprehensive Cancer Center – James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute
- Third Reference: the OSUCCC – James
References to the Spielman Fund
When referencing the Stefanie Spielman Fund for Breast Cancer Research or the Stefanie Spielman Patient Assistance Fund at The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center – Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute, please follow the naming guidelines below.
- First Reference: the Stefanie Spielman Fund for Breast Cancer Research at The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center – Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute (OSUCCC – James)
- Second Reference: the Stefanie Spielman Fund for Breast Cancer Research
- Third Reference: the Spielman Fund
Community Partner Social Media Guidelines
The OSUCCC – James Community Partner events/initiatives raising $10,000 or more may receive social media support from the OSUCCC – James. Social media support will be provided at the sole discretion of the OSUCCC – James and may include, but is not limited to, support on the following networks: