How to Support
While schools and athletes participate in the Spielman Sports program, success is ultimately found in the generosity and support of an entire community of students, family, friends, community members and local organizations. Together we will win, and together we can rally around the young men and women who are raising awareness and donations to help fight breast cancer. Here are some ways that you can get involved.
Students & Athletes
The most successful Spielman Sports events have all featured one thing — a loud, proud and engaged student body. As a fellow classmate or teammate, you have the ability to help spread the word, lend a helping hand and most importantly, bring energy and enthusiasm to ‘game day’ to create a memorable and meaningful event.
- Get involved with the event planning team
- Volunteer or participate in fundraising events leading up to ‘game day’
- Spread the word to family and friends at home and on social media
- Share your stories about how cancer has effected your life or of those you love
- Collaborate with friends to create unique signs or costumes for the event. (Think Pink!)
- “BRING IT” on game day — show appreciation to your classmates who are participating in the event, and help us all support research to fight against breast cancer.
Family, Friends & Community Members
One out of every eight women will develop breast cancer during her lifetime. Chances are, you or or family has been or will be effected by this disease. You have the opportunity to make a difference in the fight against cancer by supporting the local schools who participate in Spielman Sports events.
- Inquire about volunteer opportunities
- Support car washes, bake sales, and all other fundraising efforts related to the event
- Share your stories with event organizers, and participate in ‘survivor’ recognition opportunities that may be part of the event schedule
- Provide a donation to the event fund, or purchase event-related merchandise
- Encourage your employer to match your donation, donate supplies or materials, or consider one of the sponsorship opportunities available.
- Come out and support the young men and women participating in the event and making a difference in the fight against breast cancer.
Local Businesses and Organizations
Community businesses and organizations have the ability to greatly enhance a Spielman Sports event through the generous donation of time, materials, resources, marketing and sponsorships. As trusted partners in the community, your support provides additional exposure and validation to the young men and women who are making a difference through their fundraising efforts.
Your financial support, in the form of direct donations, employee matching funds, or event sponsorship opportunities, is split 50/50 between the Stefanie Spielman Fund for Breast Cancer Research and your local schools’ booster program. You’ll be supporting a great cause AND your local schools — another reason we say “Together We Will Win.”
- Become an event sponsor, or make a direct financial contribution
- Provide an in-kind donation of time, materials, or resources to the event
- Match your employee’s donations to double the impact of the contribution
- Promote the event to employees and customers in your business locations
- Come out on event day and support the young men and women who are making a difference.
For more information regarding event sponsorship opportunities, contact your local event organizer, or call the Spielman Sports team at (614) 366-6533 and we’ll make that connection for you. Additional program-wide sponsorship opportunities are also available. Contact us for more information.