The ones who steadfastly stand beside us, and inspire us to strength.
The ones who will not retreat from fear, and inspire us to courage.
The ones who sacrifice all for us, and inspire us to love.
The ones who will not let go, and inspire us to hold on.
These are Stefanie's Champions.
If you are a cancer survivor, or the parent or guardian of a survivor younger than 18, you can nominate your Champion by filling out the nomination form below. The nomination deadline is January 1, 2019.
Nominations should thoroughly reflect the following:
- How has your Champion, without expectation of reward, helped, comforted, uplifted and supported you during your battle with cancer?
- How has your Champion made a lasting impression in your life?
- How has your Champion made sacrifices in his or her life in an effort to help you?
A nationwide selection committee selects award recipients. The Champion Award recipients will be recognized at the 2019 Step Up for Stefanie's Champions Walk/Run event. The committee looks for specific examples or stories that illustrate why your Champion is deserving of this award. When nominating, please keep in mind the following criteria and guidelines:
- Each Champion Award recipient must exemplify the qualities and values that the Spielman family holds most important:
- putting families first;
- demonstrating acts of kindness and dedication to a cancer patient; and
- elevating a patient's battle with cancer above all other personal needs
- Nominator must be a living cancer survivor. If a survivor is under age 18, a parent or guardian can help nominate someone of his or her behalf.
- Nominee must not have received compensation for services, assistance or care for which the nomination has been submitted.
- All information must be complete and accurate, including phone numbers.
- A resume, vitae or job description will not be accepted as part of a nomination.
If you have supporting materials such as photographs, clippings or letters, please email those to Fundraising.Events@osumc.edu or you can mail them to:
OSUCCC – James Office of Development
660 Ackerman Road, 6th Floor
P.O. Box 183112
Columbus, Ohio 43218-3112
Be sure to indicate the name of your Champion with your materials. We are sorry that originals cannot be returned.
The nationwide selection committee's decisions are final.