James Ambassadors Society
OSUCCC – James Mission:
To eradicate cancer from individuals’ lives by creating knowledge and integrating groundbreaking research with excellence in education and patient-centered care.
Objectives of the James Ambassadors Society:
- To celebrate the successes and expand awareness of the medical, scientific and philanthropic goals and achievements of Ohio State’s Comprehensive Cancer Center – James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute (OSUCCC – James)
- To advance the initiatives for the OSUCCC – James and the James Foundation Board by assisting in raising awareness and support for cancer education, research and treatment
- To enhance community awareness and involvement, as well as to continue the quest for new knowledge to improve the detection and treatment of cancer and to find its causes, giving the OSUCCC – James the potential to prevent it
- To express gratitude and recognize the advocacy efforts and support of James Ambassadors who are making a difference in the fight against cancer
- To inspire action and continued growth and familiarity of the OSUCCC – James through education, communication, outreach and engagement
Benefits of being an Ambassador:
- Having an opportunity to get involved, interact and connect with people who have a similar interest and shared passion
- Having access to OSUCCC – James senior leaders, physicians, researchers, faculty and staff, including OSUCCC Director and James CEO, Michael A. Caligiuri, MD, and members of the James Foundation Board
- Being an insider to the great happenings at the OSUCCC – James and being able to tell other people about it and share ideas
- Helping to change lives through education and awareness
- Receiving bi-annual invitations to celebratory receptions to honor and thank the work of our ambassadors who firmly advocate on behalf the OSUCCC – James
- Receiving invitations to educational workshops, regional receptions and select lunches, dinners and meetings with cancer research leaders at the OSUCCC – James
- Receiving invitations to attend and support signature fundraising events hosted by the OSUCCC – James, including Step Up for Stefanie’s Champions Walk/Run, Celebration for Life, the Herbert J. Block Memorial Golf Tournament and the Buckeye Cruise for Cancer
- Remaining connected through print and digital communications, as well as social media outlets
- Receiving invitations to attend social gatherings and networking opportunities
- Feeling inspired to take action and make an impact in the fight against cancer
What is the James Ambassadors Society?
- A premier advocacy group for Ohio State’s Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute
- Subcommittee of the James Foundation Board
What is my role in the James Ambassadors Society?
- Each member will utilize his/her growing knowledge of our programs in conversations with family, friends, colleagues and professional networks.
- Expand awareness of the hospital and its medical, scientific and philanthropic goals
What is the composition of the James Ambassadors Society?
- Current and Former OSUCCC – James Foundation Board members
- JAS Co-Chairs: Robin Holderman and Charles Ruma
- James Operating Board members
- Community Partners
- Friends of The James (strong and consistent supporters)
- Next Gen James Ambassadors: Next Gen is an OSUCCC – James group that develops, connects and empowers young professionals who want to help end cancer. Members of Next Gen James Ambassadors, a subgroup of the James Ambassadors Society, advocate for the OSUCCC – James by sharing their knowledge of happenings at The James within their social and professional networks. This expanded engagement helps tomorrow’s leaders get involved and make a difference in the fight against cancer. Next Gen James Ambassadors offers several networking opportunities, including sporting events, social activities, educational receptions/programs and fundraisers in association with the OSUCCC – James. Please inquire for more detail.
Are there any financial or time commitments? Are there any membership requirements?
- No. The only requirement is that you share the knowledge you obtain with members of your community.