James Ambassadors Society
The premier advocacy group for The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center – Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute and a subcommittee of the James Foundation Board, who, together, work toward our shared vision of creating a cancer-free world.
James Ambassador Society is lead by Scott Havens and Charles Ruma and comprised of: current and former James Foundation Board members, Community Partners, Friends of The James (strong and consistent supporters) and our Next Gen James Ambassadors (the young professionals delegation of the James Ambassadors Society).
As an ambassador, each member is encouraged to utilize his/her growing knowledge of our programs in conversations with family, friends, colleagues and professional networks to order to expand awareness of the OSUCCC – James and its medical, scientific and philanthropic goals.
There is no financial obligation to belong to the James Ambassadors Society. The only requirement is that you share the knowledge you obtain with members of your community.
Objectives of the James Ambassadors Society:
- To celebrate the successes and expand awareness of the medical, scientific and philanthropic goals and achievements of Ohio State’s Comprehensive Cancer Center – James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute (OSUCCC – James)
- To advance the initiatives for the OSUCCC – James and the James Foundation Board by assisting in raising awareness and support for cancer education, research and treatment
- To enhance community awareness and involvement, as well as to continue the quest for new knowledge to improve the detection and treatment of cancer and to find its causes, giving the OSUCCC – James the potential to prevent it
- To express gratitude and recognize the advocacy efforts and support of James Ambassadors who are making a difference in the fight against cancer
- To inspire action and continued growth and familiarity of the OSUCCC – James through education, communication, outreach and engagement
Benefits of being an Ambassador:
- Having an opportunity to get involved, interact and connect with people who have a similar interest and shared passion
- Having access to OSUCCC – James senior leaders, physicians, researchers, faculty and staff, and members of the James Foundation Board
- Being an insider to the great happenings at the OSUCCC – James and being able to tell other people about it and share ideas
- Helping to change lives through education and awareness
- Receiving invitations to educational workshops, regional receptions and select lunches, dinners and meetings with cancer research leaders at the OSUCCC – James
- Remaining connected through print and digital communications, as well as social media outlets
- Feeling inspired to take action and make an impact in the fight against cancer