The Patient and Family Resource Center at The James offers support, education and comfort services to patients and families. The center provides a comfortable, relaxed space where visitors can find:
- Trained staff and volunteers to assist with information requests or literature searches for a specific health topic or question*
- Print and digital materials on specific types of cancer, cancer treatment and various health-related topics
- Information on supportive services and community resources
- Computer terminals with internet access and links to reliable health information websites or to use for personal business
- Quiet rooms for rest and respite
- Relaxation audio/video library
- Cell phone charging station
The Patient and Family Resource Center is located on the ground floor of The James (460 W. 10th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210) near the grand staircase at the east end of the lobby. The center is open five days a week, Monday – Friday, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
If you are unable to visit the center, you may call 614-366-0602 or fill in the form below and the information will be delivered to you at no charge.
If you are interested in using one of our respite rooms, you may stop in or call the center at 614-366-0602 to reserve a time. The rooms have a rocker, and if desired, you can turn on the screen in the room to see visual images set to soothing music.
*The Resource Center offers health education materials for informational purposes only. If you have questions about your care or treatment, always talk with your doctor or other qualified health provider.