Nutrition is an important part of cancer treatment. Eating the right foods before, during and after your cancer treatment can affect how well you feel and how well your body responds to treatment.
Our dietitians can create an eating plan designed just for you at any stage during your cancer journey.
Nutrition Services Include:
- Nutrition tips to help manage cancer treatment side effects
- Personalized meal plans and recipes
- Information about dietary supplements
- Ways to make the most of your food choices and eating plan
- Education on diet and overall wellness
- Counseling on how to lose or gain weight
Benefits of Nutrition Counseling Include:
- Improve treatment outcomes
- Decrease treatment-related side effects
- Reach weight goals
- Promote healthy lifestyle for survivorship
Appointments and Billing:
You will need a referral from your medical oncologist to make an appointment with a registered dietitian. There is a fee for these visits. Some insurance plans cover the cost of a nutrition visit. Every insurance plan is different, so it is important for you to call your insurance company for information about your policy. If your insurance plan does not cover nutrition counseling and you are not able to pay, you may ask to speak to an OSUCCC – James financial counselor about other options to help cover the cost.