JamesCare Support Groups
View a complete guide to our support groups with dates, times and locations.
JamesCare Support Groups provide a safe and supportive environment to share personal experiences and benefit from connecting with others who have similar health concerns. Groups are open to cancer survivors and their caregivers and are available before, during and after treatment.
These drop-in groups are facilitated by licensed healthcare professionals from the OSUCCC – James and Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center. Some groups may include occasional guest speakers and presentations.
The groups available are:
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Brain Tumor
- Breast Cancer (open only to individuals with breast cancer)
- Gastrointestinal Cancers (open to individuals with gastrointestinal cancer, including colon, esophageal, pancreatic, stomach, intestinal, liver, gallbladder and rectal/anal)
- JamesCare East (open to individuals with any cancer diagnosis and their caregiver)
- Head and Neck Cancer (open to individuals with cancer in the head and neck region, including the nasal cavity, sinuses, lips, mouth, salivary glands, throat or larynx and their caregiver)
- ICU Family and Patient Support Group
- Lung Cancer
- Prostate Cancer (open only to individuals with prostate cancer)
- Thyroid Cancer
- Young Survivors (all cancer types)
- Online Caregiver Support (pre-registration required, click on the program title under Upcoming Events for detailed information and to register)
You may call JamesCare for Life at 614-293-6428 for more information and to confirm meeting dates and locations prior to attending.
Many people affected by cancer form meaningful connections online. The OSUCCC – James has collaborated with Omni Health Media by joining their newly developed online social media community called Cancer Connect. Cancer patients, survivors, caregivers and advocates can participate in more than 60 disease-specific national communities or take part in discussions with only members of the OSUCCC – James network.
Members can learn from cancer experts, ask questions, share experiences and connect with others in a secure, confidential environment.