Each person’s path in cancer survivorship is uniquely their own. The OSUCCC – James support groups are available before, during and after treatment to connect with others and share your story and experiences.
JamesCare Support Connections
JamesCare Support Connections provides a safe and supportive environment to share personal experiences and benefit from connecting with others.
JamesCare Support Connections offers an opportunity to make the journey through cancer survivorship in the company of others who have experienced similar health concerns. Groups are facilitated by licensed healthcare professionals from the OSUCCC – James and Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center. Some groups may include occasional guest speakers and presentations.
Groups are open to caregivers unless otherwise noted.
The groups available are:
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Brain Tumor
- Breast Cancer
- Cancer Survivors Book Club
- Gastrointestinal Cancers (open to individuals with gastrointestinal cancer (including colon, esophageal, pancreatic, stomach, intestinal, liver, gallbladder and rectal/anal)
- General Support for All Cancers
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Prostate Cancer (open to only individuals with prostate cancer.)
- “Just the Caregivers” (support group for partners of men with prostate cancer)
- Thyroid Cancer
- Young Survivors (all cancer types)
You may call JamesCare for Life at 614-293-6428 for more information and to confirm meeting dates and locations prior to attending.
Many people affected by cancer form meaningful connections online. The OSUCCC – James has collaborated with Omni Health Media by joining their newly developed online social media community called Cancer Connect. Cancer patients, survivors, caregivers and advocates can participate in more than 60 disease-specific national communities or take part in discussions with only members of the OSUCCC – James network.
Members can learn from cancer experts, ask questions, share experiences and connect with others in a secure, confidential environment.