Thank you for choosing the OSUCCC – James for your cancer care and treatment. Below is some information that may be helpful once you leave.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please call Patient Experience at 614-293-8609.
At the OSUCCC – James, a financial counselor is available to help you:
- Understand your insurance benefits, including co-pays, deductibles, out of pocket expenses and covered services
- Learn about assistance programs for the uninsured or under insured
- Connect with the Medical Center and OSUP billing departments
- Learn about Medicaid eligibility
- Connect with the social worker and medication assistance representative if you need help with the costs of your care
If you are concerned about paying for your care, we encourage you to talk to our Financial Counselors by calling 614-688-6759 to talk about payment options, assistance programs and other resources that might be available to you, or complete a financial assistance application.
Help with Cost of Prescription Medicines
The Patient Assistance Program (PAP) provides free or reduced-cost medicines to patients with limited incomes available to purchase prescribed medicines.
Eligible patients include those who are:
- Uninsured and not eligible for any public health program.
- Medicare-insured without prescription benefits.
- Waiting for approval for their application for public health assistance.
Patients may be referred by nurses, doctors, social workers, case managers, patient care resource managers or other staff members.
PAP staff are available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 614-293-0394.
To request information from your medical record regarding your care and treatment at the OSUCCC – James, download and complete a medical records authorization form below.
Mail the completed form to:
Medical Information Management
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
410 West 10th Ave.
Columbus, Ohio 43210
Walk-in requests are accepted at University Hospital, 140 Doan Hall, weekdays from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
For additional information, call Ohio State’s Medical Information Management at 614-293-8657.
The OSUCCC – James is proud to offer MyChart, a secure, online connection to your heathcare records. With MyChart, you can request appointments, renew prescriptions, review your health history and more.
- When you are discharged, you will receive an After Visit Summary that includes a MyChart activation letter. This document will contain your actifvation code and your Medical Record Number (MRN) needed to create your own MyChart account.
- Your may also talk to your Ohio State provider during your admission or at your next visit about signing up for MyChart.
Once you have activated your MyChart account, you can download the free MyChart app by Epic from the Apple or Android app stores. The app makes this Ohio State healthcare tool accessible from Apple and Android tablets and phones.
If you have MyChart questions, customer support is available weekdays between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. at 614-366-6975 or 1-866-966-6975.
JamesCare for Life
JamesCare for Life offers patients and their families a wide range of comprehensive cancer support programs, classes and educational resources to help manage the unique challenges that come with a cancer diagnosis and treatment. JamesCare for Life programs include patient and caregiver support groups, educational classes and programs, expressive and creative arts, music therapy, children’s support programs, special events and retreats.
All of our programs are offered free of charge.
There are many ways to support the OSUCCC – James. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Make a Gift
- Give online. Donations allow our cancer specialists and researchers to pursue promising new ideas and research to ultimately develop new methods of cancer prevention, detection, diagnosis and treatment.
- Mail your gift. You can mail your gift to: P.O. Box 183112, 660 Ackerman Road, Columbus, Ohio 43218-3112.
- Learn more. Speak with a development representative by calling 614-293-3744 to learn about how you can make a gift.
- Become a Volunteer. Volunteers are an important part of our team, helping fulfill our mission to improve people’s lives through innovation in research, education and patient care. To learn more, contact us at 614-293-4663 or visit cancer.osu.edu and search Volunteering.
- Become a Patient and Family Experience Advisor. We care about the experiences of our patients and families. One way you can give feedback is by volunteering to serve on an advisory council. Volunteers who serve as advisors work with staff on committees, policy reviews, speaking engagements and other projects. If you are interested in learning more about the Patient and Family Experience Advisory Program, please call 614-293-0526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.