The OSUCCC – James is committed to finding new and better ways to meet the needs of our patients—but we need your help through your partnership with us in the Total Cancer Care® (TCC) Protocol.
We know that there is no routine cancer and that no two patients or cancers are exactly alike. At the core of the TCC Protocol is the belief that studying large numbers of patients and their tissues will help us move cancer research forward and personalize cancer care, making it more effective. The TCC Protocol is designed to help us understand the differences between cancer patients and to find ways to individualize prevention, detection and treatment of patients with cancer.
How the Total Cancer Care Program® Protocol Works
The TCC Protocol is a lifetime partnership between you and the OSUCCC – James. Here’s how it works:
- During your regularly scheduled visits, your doctor will ask you questions about your medical history, diet and health habits. We may also review your medical records to see what you and other cancer patients have in common.
- If you are scheduled for a tissue biopsy or surgery, we may study any extra tissue or body fluids that have been removed and are not needed to diagnose your cancer.
- If you are scheduled for a blood draw, we may collect extra blood for the study.
- It costs nothing to participate and requires no extra doctor visits.
- The discoveries made as part of this study may help other cancer patients for generations to come.
- If you have cancer, it is possible that based on the information collected, you may be eligible for a new clinical trial or treatment that may help you. If this occurs, we would like to be able to contact you.
The best way to achieve breakthroughs in cancer medicine is by studying the disease from every angle and learning as much as we can from each patient.
How to Sign Up
If you are interested in taking part in the TCC Protocol or would like more information about the study, please ask your doctor about it at your next visit. Study representatives are located in many of our clinics, and they will be happy to explain the TCC Protocol to you in more detail.
Thank you for choosing the OSUCCC – James for your cancer care and treatment. We hope you will consider becoming a part of this very important study. Every participant helps take us one step closer to creating a cancer-free world.