Director: Pravin J. Mishra, PhD
Laboratory Manager: Tom Liu, PhD
Facilitating and accelerating the translational, precision medicine science and research to the clinical setting and back
The Clinical Translational Science Shared Resource (CTSSR) team works closely with clinical and translational scientists to develop a customizable portfolio of biomarker assays in order to provide innovative, correlative science studies associated with early-phase solid tumor oncology clinical trials. This resource works closely with clinical investigators in the design and management of studies and provides guidance related to assay development and analysis. The CTSSR serves as a central repository for specimens collected from patients on trials and is responsible for processing the tissue for any number of downstream analyses. In addition to developing novel assays, the CTSSR partners with othershared resources to utilize available technologies such as next-generation sequencing, RNA expression analysis and proteomics. In these situations, the CTSSR is responsible for obtaining and preparing the patient samples for downstream analyses and then collects and organizes the data.
The CTSSR resource also helps identify and develop partnerships among investigators and pharmaceutical companies to gain access to new drugs and compounds and to provide corresponding correlative testing and analyses for cancer studies.
- Develop and manage a strategic, correlative science plan for solid tumor clinical trials.
- Be a central laboratory for clinical trial specimen acquisition and processing.
- Provide project management for studies that utilize resources available through other OSUCCC shared resources, investigator laboratories and outside vendors.
- Develop a customizable portfolio of validated assays not available in other shared resources.
- Identify and help develop strategic partnerships among clinical investigators and appropriate pharmaceutical/biomedical companies.