The Statue of Hope Dedication at the New James

The Statue of Hope, a symbol of hope and inspiration for patients, medical experts and visitors to The James, received a formal welcome and dedication this week in front of the new James Cancer Hospital.
 
The artist is Alfred Tibor, a Hungarian-born, Columbus, Ohio sculptor who created the Statue of Hope for the OSUCCC – James in the early 1990s. Recruited by Dr. Arthur G. James to create a symbol of hope for cancer patients, Tibor sculpted a woman stepping forward, healthy and looking ahead in hope, releasing three birds to represent freedom and life for man, woman and child.  The 13-foot bronze Statue of Hope, originally dedicated at the James Cancer Hospital in 1993, was formally dedicated in front of the new James facility on May 12.

comments powered by Disqus
Blog Logo

Upcoming Events

Victory Choir

1/4/2017 6:00:00 PM - 3/29/2017 7:30:00 PM

1145 Olentangy River Road
Columbus, Ohio 43212

Directions

Victory Drummers

1/6/2017 9:00:00 AM - 3/31/2017 10:30:00 AM

322 Mt Vernon Ave
Columbus, Ohio 43215

Directions

View More