Screenings at The James
Lung cancer is the #1 cancer killer of both men and women in the United States; more than breast, ovarian, colon, kidney, melanoma, prostate and testicular cancer deaths combined. Lung cancer screening (CT scans) has proven to reduce lung cancer deaths by more than 20 percent.
As we know, there is no routine lung cancer. Each cancer is as unique and complex as the individual affected by it. Just as there is no routine lung cancer, there is no routine lung cancer screening program. At the OSUCCC – James, our lung cancer screening program provides at-risk individuals with a “one-stop shop” screening program, which is staffed by our team of lung cancer specialists whose sole focus is on the prevention, detection and treatment of lung cancer.
Screenings at The James are highly detailed, looking for the greatest number of gene mutations and cell changes. Our team perform some of the world’s most advanced tumor sequencing (right on site at The James) by analyzing each patient’s tumor to identify the molecules and genes driving their particular lung cancer. The program offers:
- Annual low-dose CT scans with same-day personalized, one-on-one consultation with an OSUCCC – James pulmonologist to review real-time results
- Option for same-day consultation with a smoking cessation expert
- 55-77 years old
- Current smoker with history of smoking 2 packs per day for 15 years or one pack per day for 30 years
- Ex-smoker who has quit within the past 15 years
- Martha Morehouse Medical Plaza Tower Building (2050 Kenny Road)
- Outpatient Care East (543 Taylor Ave.)
Our lung cancer screening program provides patients with access to a multidisciplinary team of top scientists and oncologists whose pinpoint specialization helps them understand each cancer at the molecular level to provide targeted therapies available only at Ohio State. For example, OSUCCC – James physicians and researchers are conducting research to develop blood tests to identify lung cancer at earlier stages.
For questions or to schedule a screening, call us at 614-293-5066 or 800-293-5066.